The Singapore Centre for Social Enterprise (raiSE) was set up in 2015 to develop the social enterprise sector in Singapore. We are a sector developer and national advocate for social enterprises, and a membership body with over 400 social enterprise members.
VentureForGood awards up to $300,000 for seed grants, targeted at new or existing social enterprises addressing a social gap or need by addressing one or more of the following outcome areas:
- Provision of employment opportunities
- Provision of education
- Provision of skill development
- Provision of basic human needs (eg housing, transport, food)
- Provision of economic tools and services (eg financial access, crowdfunding, ecommerce)
- Provision of health care/social care products and services (include disease/illness prevention and mitigation)
- Provision of products and services to improve the mental health & well-being (eg address social exclusion)
- Capacity building for organisations in the social sector
The funding quantum is decided based on the proposal and funding needs of the business.
Yes you may apply for raiSE’s VentureForGood. However, you are required to disclose the necessary information of the grant in your application. The funds should also not be used for the same purposes.
Depending on the funding quantum, the contractual period can range from 1 to 3 years.